In brief: Converting a booking to an e-certificate takes an existing booking and transfers the value of the booking to a new e-certificate in the original ticket buyers name. The primary advantage of the convert to e-certificate process is that it allows the Organizer to offer an alternative to a refund which provides the ticket buyer to choose another activity in the future.
POSSIBLE REASONS WHY YOU MAY NEED TO CONVERT A BOOKING TO AN E-CERTIFICATE:
- An Organizer's Escalation Policy directs you to convert to an e-certificate rather than refunding a transaction.
- An Organizer has requested that you convert a booking to an e-certificate for any other reason.
CONVERT TO E-CERTIFICATE LIMITATIONS AND NOTES:
- When you convert a booking to an e-certificate, there are no fees charged to the Organizer.
- Complimentary ($0.00 Bookings), Offline Bookings & Bookings made with 100% off discount codes cannot be converted to e-certificates as they have no value.
- Only the ticket value paid plus any applicable taxes are transferred to the e-certificate. Ticket fees paid on the original order are non-refundable and ticket fees will be charged again on the new booking when the ticket buyer uses their e-certificate.
- Once an e-certificate is created, the new e-certificate can be used against any activity listed in the Organizer's account. It is not restricted to the original product purchased.
- Once an order has been converted to an e-certificate, it CANNOT be reversed.
- If a transaction is converted to an e-cert, it later cannot be refunded to the original payment method. If an order converted to an e-cert is refunded, there will be a $0 value on the e-cert. A refund outside of the EzTix system would have to be given in this scenario. (I.e. Cheque).
HOW TO CONVERT TICKETS PURCHASED BY YOUR GUESTS TO E-CERTIFICATES THROUGH THE BOOKING TAB
STEP 1: Login to EzTix
STEP 2: Select Events tab to get an overview displaying a list of your upcoming tours by date.
STEP 3: Locate the tour and date in the list.
STEP 4: Click on "View Bookings" in the menu to the right of your event OR Locate your booking by searching for the guest's last name, email etc in the search section of BOOKINGS tab.
STEP 5: Scroll down to the "Bookings" section, where you'll see each ticket order listed.
STEP 6: Find the correct ticket order and click anywhere on the booking. The BOOKING pop up will open and the following options will present themselves:
STEP 7: Select "Convert To E-Cert" and select the tickets you wish to convert, and hit "Process Refund."
STEP 8: Your customer will receive a confirmation email including their E-Certificate code, that they can use to re-book at their leisure.
Please refer to the Solution Article: E-CERTIFICATES for more information.
For further assistance please contact email@example.com or call us at 1-877-413-2488.