In Brief: Assist your guides in managing their busy schedules and preparing for their tours by enabling SMS/Text Message reminders. The SMS reminder message will notify your guides of the tour date, time, and prompt them to check in guests right from the message. When enabled, the SMS tour guide reminder will be sent out at the same time as the tour guide reminder email.
Enabling Tour Guide SMS reminders
Firstly, you'll need to ensure that your tour guide has a valid mobile phone number, and that you've ensured the correct international country code is applied in the contact information section of their user account.
STEP 1: Adding/Updating a Mobile Number to A Guide's User Account
- Select the Global Event Management Tab within the OCP
- Select the User Management tab on the left hand side of your screen.
- Select the Create New User button and fill in all fields if necessary or if you have a User to update within User Management tab, select Edit User from the action menu items.
- In the Mobile Number field, enter a valid mobile number for the tour guide. There will be a small flag to the left of the field that will automatically default to the country your account is set in. Double check that the telephone number corresponds to that correct country code. If it isn't correct, select the correct flag from the dropdown menu.
- Once you've entered a valid mobile number, you will want to ensure that "Tour Guide" or "Senior tour Guide" is selected from the permissions section below User Information
- From here, you can select "SEND REMINDER SMS 24 HOURS PRIOR TO TOUR START".
- NOTE: The guide must be assigned to the specific templates and specific tour to receive SMS reminder messages.
- Once you've made all these changes, and assigned templates, remember to Save.
What happens when the wrong phone number is entered?
The SMS reminder message will simply not send or send to a different mobile number. Double check that your guide's mobile number is correct.
What happens if I entered a land line in the mobile number field?
Depending on the land line service provider, a SMS message may be converted to a voicemail, or will simply not be sent/delivered. Ensure you enter a valid mobile number to ensure your guides are getting their SMS reminders!
Can I customize the message to my tour guides?
Unfortunately SMS reminders are not customizable.