In brief: Tour Guide profiles will allow you to create a personal connection between the tour guide and your guests before and after the tour by allowing you to feature the assigned guide's headshot, bio/post event message in your guest emails.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Attach a headshot to your guide's profile to be included in your confirmation, reminder and post event emails
- Upload a bio for your guide to include in the confirmation email, and reminder email that goes out to your guests
- Upload a post event thank you message, to be included in the post event email.
- If a Tour Guide or Senior Tour Guide is assigned to lead an experience, and they have completed their tour guide profile information ("Meet Your Guide" and their bio and headshot) will be included in the confirmation/reminder email.
- If a Tour Guide or Senior Tour Guide has just lead an experience, and they have completed their tour guide profile information, their post event thank you message and headshot will be included in the post event email.
- If a guide is assigned to the tour, but they have not completed their tour guide profile/a portion of the tour guide profile, it will not appear in the corresponding emails.
SETTING UP TOUR GUIDE PROFILES
Login to EzTix
Select the GLOBAL EVENT MANAGEMENT TAB from the right hand side of your screen
Select USER MANAGEMENT from the left hand side of your screen
Select "Edit User" from the action items on the left hand side of your tour guide/senior tour guide user account.
Scroll down to the "Tour Guide Profiles" section of the user account. Upload a headshot by selecting "Choose File" or by dragging and dropping a file in the headshot space.
Compose a bio in the Tour Guide bio section of Tour Guide Profiles. NOTE: If your tours are enabled in other languages, simply insert the translated bio in the appropriate language sub-tab.
EN: English, FR: French, ES: Spanish, DE: German, IT: Italian
Compose a post event thank you message in the post event thank you message field below.
Select Save User!
ENABLING TOUR GUIDE PROFILE EMAILS
You'll now need to enable the tour guide profile in the customization section of your events or templates.
Select TEMPLATES or EVENTS (for individual events) from the top of the screen.
Select the Customization tab from the left hand side menu
Select the Messages tab on the top of the menu
You will then need to scroll down to the email controls below Confirmation, Reminder and Post Event emails to include the tour guide profile (bio and headshot/post event message) in the respective email.
- As mentioned in the above example, post-event emails will only include the Tour Guide's details if both headshot and bio are completed.
When sending a TEST post-event email, the tour guide's bio and image will not be included as tour guides cannot be assigned to a template but rather they are assigned to specific tour events. Rest assured it will be included in post-event emails associated with a live tour that have a guide assigned to it PROVIDED that this feature is enabled and both headshot and bio completed.