The signal strength in the top left hand corner of the iPhone is 4 bars or higher (if it is less than 4 bars the data service is not strong enough in your region and your onsite Technical Support will need to assist in establishing a strong and secure wifi connection), it is connected to either Rogers or T-Mobile, and the 3G appears but when attempting to login to the scanner an Connection Error message is received:
- Connect to Wifi as an alternative to 3G.
- If connecting to Wifi is not an option and the signal strength is strong enough then please follow these steps:
- Ensure that the Cellular data is ON and Roaming is ON. To verify this go to Settings > Cellular > Turn Cellular Data ON, go to Cellular Data Options to turn on Roaming.
- Once Data is verified as on please go to Settings > Carrier > Switch off Automatic and wait for various Networks to appear > if in Canada select Bell or Rogers & if in the US select AT&T or TMobile.
- Wait a few minutes to see the Network name appear in the top left hand side of the screen with the 3G.
- Test your connection by attempting to log into the applicable EzTix App.
- An alternative to Wifi or 3G scanning is tethering by setting up a hotspot from another device:
- Using another device with access to data, go to Settings.
- Choose Cellular.
- Tap on Set Up Personal Hotspot.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the button to turn your personal hotspot on.
- Your hotspot is now active. The password is on your iPhone's screen and can be shared with the scanner to connect as a Wifi network.
- Any iOS device can download the EzScanner App for free and use it as an alternative to the scanner provided should none of the options above resolve your issue.
- In the event that the troubleshooting options in the article listed above do not resolve the data issues, and a Hotspot or using a personal device are not an option, please contact email@example.com or call us at 1-877-413-2488 and request to speak with the OnSite Support Team.